Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My eye... my eye!!

Ok so i'm gonna take a break from the daily poem from bio class and talk about my eye... So I have a stye which is annoying. A stye is a bacterial infection or growth on the eye lid... or around the eye... for me... my inner lower eyelid has inflamed and there is a big growth of bacteria. This is really annoying because not only does it hurt but it is itchy as well. I went the the doctor's office and the doctor told me to use a heat pack (warm washcloth) and keep heating the stye so that it would increase blood flow and the bacteria would die... well after 5 days it has not changed. I have been in more pain and my stye has grown, so I went to the doctor's office again. This time, the doctor prescribed me an ointment as well as some antibiotics. This is a good example of how two different medicines can be combined to work on the same problem. The combination of ointment and antibiotics works on the outside of my body (ointment) as well as the inside (antibiotics). Of course I am taking these medications a few times a day... three times a day for the antibiotics and four times a day for the ointment. What an annoyance (as i've said before :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment